Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I saw a miracle and I cannot deny it!



      Friday morning i woke up and did my morning just like always! Then we finished our studies and I was about to leave the house! I had this overwhelming impression that I was forgetting something! So i walked back into the study room and thought for a second. then it hit me i didn't have my emergency fund! As missionaries we are asked to have an emergency fund at all times of about 40 dollars or 20,000 pesos. I did not have my money for the month yet from the ATM but i did have 20,000 pesos in one bill from my personal money that i had, had for quite a while! i almost used that money many times, but something kept me from using it. Back to Friday! I put it in my Agenda and we Left, after it happened i thought nothing of it and kept on going! Later in the day we had a lesson with an investigator and we finished about 30 minutes late. that is usually bad we try to not be in a lesson for more than an hour, but this day was for 1hr and 30 min. for some reason we both felt calm and didn't try to end the lesson on time. I really don't know why we did that! We left the house and started to go to our next plan. it wasn't a fixed lesson, but we did want to pass by this person. but then on the way we ran into Gloria. We talked to her for a bit and then she said Leocadio (her boyfriend) was not doing very well. he was sad and work was bad this day. So we said yeah lets go to their house. When we got their he was down in the glumps and he said he needed to pay about 16 dollars or 8,000 pesos to a lawyer so he needed to sell a painting. so i tried to lighten his mood by asking about his paintings. He is a painter. and when i asked i got a prompting that i should buy a painting! So we taught a lesson on sacrifice and how we always recieve blessings after sacrifice! Then at the end of the lesson i told him i wanted to buy one of his paintings for our house. he said which one i was prompted to say "the big one" He said yes for 15,000 pesos or 30 dollars and i said I am pretty sure it is 20,000 pesos because I only have one bill for 20,000 pesos please keep the rest for you and Gloria. He looked at me and his eyes filled with tears. Then he looked at Gloria and they hugged and cried for about 2 minutes, then he hugged me and said we have been without food for the past day and thought we would have to go for longer, because we need to pay the bills first. Then we were able to help him recieve help from the church while he is trying to work out this problem with the lawyer. I look back at all that happned that day and realize that there was not one moment of that day the the Lord was not leading us with is hand! 

       What would have happened if I never went back for the 20,000 Pesos? Probably Nothing! I urge you all to think about the promptings of the spirit. I don't think that Bad things will happen if we don't very often, but i do think their is a better and happier plan waiting if we are willing to listen and Act on the promptings!!! 

Love Elder Ethan Groen! 

P.S. Stay tuned for next week when we will find out what happens to Elder Groen and Elder Lopez when they go on changes with a cat for 3 hours!! 












No comments:

Post a Comment