Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Miracles are Real!

We are feeling really good about the work in the sector right now! We are seeing so many miracles!! We have a few reactivations that are really close and a few really strong baptismal dates. It is such a blessing to see people change their lives and desires to try and come to know their Savior. I think that is one of my favorite parts of this work! When I can see a true change take place in the heart of someone! 


This week we had a really special moment. After the zone conference on tuesday we tried to think of a way to apply what we learned and put in practice what we shared with the missionaries. So with a family that we are teaching Elder Hermosilla said he felt we should go by them and give them a challenge for our appointment the next day about the Book of Mormon and have them study the chapter of Mosiah 18 and to teach us the next day. We had challenged the 3 kids to be baptized on the 22 and the Father to pray about baptism. Then we went back to teach them on Wednesday night. What happened was excatly what Clay Christensen said would happen. We had them teach us. The Father comes from a Jehovas Witness background which is usally very difficult, but after teaching us he looked at us and said "the more I read this book the more I know it is true. And now I know that I will be baptized. I don`t know when still, but I know I will." We were so Happy then the mom of the family who is a less active said that they had already been talking as a family and decided that they would go to church on that day and would never leave again. We were so happy for them and all that they were feeling. Then the oldest Child a daughter named Nayadeth who is 18 said, "Elders, I got my answer. I am going to be baptized on the 22 of November. I had a dream that I was with my family on the first day that they came to church, but I was dressed in all white! I know I will be ready by that date!" That was one of the most powerful and spirit filled lessons that I have ever been a part of, and it might have been the lesson that I spoke less than any other lesson! I am so greatful to know that the spirit is working in these people and that they are growing and learning every day! I love this gospel and my Savior too! 

So I just want you to all know that the Lord watches over us and is constantly trying to bless us! I learned another special lesson this week! and I think I might have some new favorite scriptures to add to my list! I just want to say that I love this work and I love to serve! It is something that I have learned gives me true happiness when I am serving and loving others! I love you all SOO much And I pray for you all often! 

Love the skinny kid from bountiful! Elder Groen! 

p.s. here are the awesome scriptures! Aren`t they so bright and full of hope!! 


 Revelation 21:3-4 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Also
1 Corinthians 2:9 2 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment